- DLI APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- The two major requirement for admission into part time weekend programme are waec or neco results.call admin for any further question on 07039740031
- DLI SCHOOL FESS FOR ALL THE SOCIAL SCIENCE COURSES.
- The main school fees paid by business administration students is #145k for a year as a fresher of distance learning institute
- DLI SCHOOL FEES FOR ALL SCIENCE COURSES
- .The science applicant are paying a sum of #130k for a year as a fresh student and the subsequent year will be lesser than that
- DLI O’LEVEL SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BOTH SCIENCE AND SOCIAL SCIENCE.
- The subject combination for science applicants are usually mathematics,English biology physics and chemistry The major subject combination for business administration applicants are Maths, English,Economics plus and other combination;The applicants of public administration should possess the maths,English government plus any other combination to come the 5credit requirements call admin on 07039740031 for further assistance for the admission
- THE MINIMUM AGE LIMIT FOR APPLYING FOR DLI.
- The applicants of Part time weekend must be 17years and above to qualify for the application.The minimum age limit is 17years and no maximum age limit as long as you have the strength to run the programme.The senior citizen are qualify to apply.call admin on 07039740031
- Who are those that should apply.The category of persons that are capable and competent to apply must possess olevel result and are working class or self employed persons.Although your parents can sponsor the programme for the applicants however it is expected that a part time applicants is assume to be working class person
- HOW IS DLI PROGRAMME BEING RUN
- .The programme is run for weekend Saturday class only.During the exam period the applicants are expected to stay on campus for the period of the exam however it is not compulsory for the person to stay on campus during the exam.Tutorial for the new intake is currently going on for the applicants call admin on 07039740031
- DOES DLI GRADUATE STUDENT GO FOR NYSC SERVICE?
- generally both in Nigeria and abroad part time students are exempted from serving Nigeria because it is assume that they don’t have time to serve that is why they opted for part time programme and are therefore exempted from serving as a national youth corps due to time factor. For those interested to serve after finishing their 5years programme in university of Lagos should contact admin on 07039740031 for any new development
- WHAT IS THE DURATION FOR DLI PROGRAMME.
- The period of time for dli programme is 5year and some programme in education are 6years such as biology education,Physics education,chemistry education and mathematics education
- IS DLI CERTIFICATE AND FULL TIME CERTIFICATE THE SAME THING?.
- The certificate for part time and full time are the same because it carries the same logo and the same content.full time lecturer and part time lecturers are the same.The content of the coursework is the same and therefore no difference.No form of discrimination of the certificate and the employment opportunity
- DOES DLI FRESH APPLICANT WRITE EXAM BEFORE ADMISSION?.
- The beginning of the programme witnessed the conducting of the exam before the successful candidate are admitted.The recent development has been that all applicants are supposed to be admitted but that has not always the case for the admission,The reason why screening is conducted is to remove the unquaify applicants and admit only the qualify applicants.call admin on 07039740031 for admission process and eligibility criteria
- WHAT IS THE CRITERIA FOR ADMITTING NEW APPLICATION .
- The major condition for admitting new applicant is the ability to possess the right subject combination for the propose course of study,call admin for further questions 07039740031
- HOW MANY DAYS IS DLI RECEIVING LECTURES IN A MONTH
- .The newly admitted students receive lecture two Saturdays in a month.The reason is because a good number of applicants are admitted into the Dli programme and the class room size and space available for the lecture cannot contain all the applicants in a single Saturday it becomes necessary to share the Saturdays into two.This implies that business admin students and Economics students rotate lecture days with public admin students and Accounting students.It therefore means that two depts. attend lecture this Saturday and the subsequent lecture will be attended by the remaining two depts. The purpose of this is to allow effectiveness in learning and maximizing the space available for the lecture
- HOW MUCH IS DLI SCHOOL FEES FOR ALL THE COURSES OFFERED .
- The school fees for the courses varies according to the course an individual applied for.Economics applicants paid #152,000 for their school fees.The Business Admin applicants paid #145,000,Accounting students paid #145,000 and public admin students paid #143,000.This is to inform the prospective applicants that the school fees payment depends on the course applied for .call admin on 07039740031 for any further question on the school fees
- WHAT ARE THE LIST OF COURSES TAKEN BY DLI BUSINESS ADMIN STUDENT FOR THEIR FIRST YEAR EXAMINATION
The following are the courses offered by business administration applicants which are listed as follows
:Acc210:principles of Accounting
Bus 210:Mathematics for business administration
Bus211:Introduction to management
Ecn210:principles of micro Economics
Gst 102:introduction to philosophy and logic
Gst 103:Nigerian People and culture
Gst 105:Use of English Language
Irp210: Foundation of Industurial Relations
Pol101:Introduction to political science
- WHAT ARE THE LIST COURSES TAKEN BY DLI ACCOUNTING STUDENT FOR THEIR FIRST YEAR EXAMINATION .Accounting and Business Admin student do the same course except for some fees course such as CIL: Business Law
- WHAT ARE THE LIST COURSES TAKEN BY DLI PUBLIC ADMIN STUDENT FOR THEIR FIRST YEAR EXAMINATION
- WHAT ARE THE LIST COURSES TAKEN BY DLI ECONOMICS STUDENT FOR THEIR FIRST YEAR EXAMINATION
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFIT OF STUDYING IN DLI AS A PART TIME STUDENT
- .The benefit of studying in university if Lagos is enormous because the course give the applicants the privilege of schooling while studying.At the end of the duration for the course the applicants are promoted at the place of work and in most case secure a new employment with a good pay
- DOES DLI STUDENT DO MATRICULATION BY THE UNILAG AS FULL TIME DOES MATRICULATION
- .All new aadmitted Dli student do matriculation just the same way full time students does theirs.Dli matriculation is usually conducted every October of the year of admission.They receive full benefit as full time does and are entitled equal right with full time students.
- CAN SOMEONE OUTSIDE LAGOS APPLY FOR DLI AND WHY DO YOU THINK SO?
- .Distance is not a barrier when it comes to applying for Dli programme because the applicant be in anywhere to receive lecture via online or office line depending on the students proximity to the study centre which is university of Lagos as the only campus where physical contact for lecture are organized
- WHEN DOES DLI NEW APPLICANT RESUME LECTURES.
- The lecture for new applicants for Dli resumes August/September each year of the admission call admin 0n 07039740031 for further clarification
- WHEN DOES DLI CONDUCT SCREENING FOR NEW APPLICANT
- .Screening for newly admitted applicants are usually done every August/September .The same period when admission is giving also mark the beginning of lecture and the continuous assessment assignment
- IS IT COMPULSORY TO ATTEND DLI CLASSROOM LECTURES AND WHY.
- It is absolutely not compulsory to attend Dli physical contact for lecture because it optional attendance does not attract any mark neither does it remove any mark from the attending the class
- DOES DLI MAKE PROVISION FOR ONLINE ASSESSMENT,
- The online assessment available for Dli students are their continuous assessment which is usually done online to evaluate students’ performance. The assessment could be objective timed questions which the students answers within the specified time frame for the question.The assisgnmet could also be typed work on Microsoft word and are uploaded online for marking.It is called Tutor Mark Assessment(TMA)
- HOW DOES NEW APPLICANTS GET MATERIALS TO READ FOR THE FIRST YEAR EXAM.THE university made provision for the materials ,textbooks.The payment of the materials is included in the school fees.The payment of school fees covers for the material for the exam
- CAN DLI SCHOOL FEES BE PAID INSTALLMENTAL?yes the school fees can be paid instalment but the challenge with is that complete payment guarantees you getting the matriculation number from the university.
- HOW MUCH IS THE SCHOOL FEES FOR FIRST INSTALLMENT PAYMENT AND SECOND INSTALLMENT PAYMENT.The total school fees is #145,000 for business administration applicants including bank charges which are not stated expressly in the payment advice.Here is the breakdown of the various things to pay for as a newly admitted student:
SERVICE CHARGES #63,250K
TEXTBOOK FEES/MODULE FEES:#15,000
ACCEPTANCE FEES #6,000
VERIFICATION OF CERTIFICATE#5,000
EXAM CHARGE #13,000
STUDENT ID CARD #2,000
MEDICAL SCREENING FEES #2,500
LIBRARY FEE #2,500
OPEN DISTANCE LEARNING FEE(ODL)FEES #5,500
GST MATERIALS #2,500
CLEANING FEES #1,500
MATRICULATION GOWN FEES #2,500
ORIENTATION CEREMONY /CD #500
SMS FEE #500
STUDENT UNION FEE #1,200
THE TOTAL CHARGES INCLUDING HIDDEN CHARES IS #145,000
- DEOS DLI STUDENT WEAR UNIFORM TO ATTEND CLASSES
- .All university students are not expected to wear uniform like secondary school students.Students are allowed to wear anything they like as long as it covers their nakedness in a decent manner
- ARE DLI STUDENT DIFFERS FROM FULL-TIME STUDENT IN TERMS OF LECTURERS TEACHING THEM, IN TERMS OF CLASS ROOM USED FOR LECTURES.
- Both Dli students and full time students receive lecture at the same lecture venue.the same lecturer for full time is also for part time and equall assessment of the grading system.nobody is supper human and nobody is sub-human everybody are treated the same and equall benefit enjoyed during the duration of the studentship
- WHERE DOES DLI STUDENT RECEIVE THE LECTURE?
- The receive lecture in the same place where full time students received. The difference is the time of the lectures differs
- HOW IS DLI NEW APPLICANT FIRST YEAR EXAM CONDUCTED?
- The exam are conducted as computer based exam. Those entertaining fear on how to cope should call 07039740031 for one month computer training of the applicants.
- WHAT IS (AIC) APPLICANT INDUCTION COURSE DO FOR DLI NEW APPLICANT?
- The newly admitted students are inducted into the academic system by undergoing a day orientation on how things work and to get familiarize with the learning facility made available for the applicants
- HOW DOES DLI STUDENTS GET ACCOMMODATION DURING EXAM TIME.The accommodation for Dli students are paid for during the payment for the school fees.All Dli applicants are giving accommodation as long as schools is paid by the schools
1. AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES ARE:
1.1 B.Sc. IN ACCOUNTING
1.2 B.Sc. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
1.3 B.Sc. IN ECONOMICS
1.4 B.Sc. IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
1.5 B.Sc. IN EDUCATION SCIENCE
(a) B.Sc. Education Biology
(b) B.Sc. Education Chemistry
(c) B.Sc. Education Mathematics
(d) B.Sc. Education Physics
2. ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
2.1 B.Sc. ACCOUNTING AND B.Sc. BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The following candidates are eligible to apply:
- Graduates of University of Lagos or any other university recognized by Senate (only candidates with good honours degrees in relevant disciplines will be considered for admission at enhanced entry level).
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) or National Diploma (ND) or National Certificate in Education (NCE) in the relevant disciplines. For this category, please note that only holders of HND with at least Upper Credit will be eligible for admissions at enhanced entry level.
- Holders of recognized relevant full professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ACIA, ACIS, ACIB, CII, may be considered for admission at enhanced level provided they have five credits at WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level) or its equivalent, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any other two subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Holders of WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level) or its equivalent with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any other two subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
NOTE: Point of entry for candidates in categories a, b and c will depend on details of their Transcripts and such candidates must also satisfy the WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level) or its equivalent as stated in (d) above.
2.2B B.Sc. ECONOMICS
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR ONE
WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level) or its equivalent with 5 credits to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any other two (2)subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
2.3 B.Sc. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR ONE
WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level) or its equivalent with 5 credits to include English Language, Mathematics, Government plus any other two (2) subjects at not more than two(2) sittings.
2.4 B.Sc. EDUCATION SCIENCE PROGRAMME
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR ONE
Applicants must have relevant professional experience, plus any ONE of the following three qualifications:
(a) WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level) or its equivalent with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics and at least two other science subjects; at not more than two (2) sittings from the following:
(i) B.Sc. Education Biology
Biology, Chemistry and one other Science subject of Physics or Agricultural Science.
(ii) B.Sc. Education Chemistry
Chemistry and any two of Physics, Biology, Agricultural Science or any other Science subject.
(iii) B.Sc. Education Mathematics
Mathematics and Physics and one other Science subjects of Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science or any other Science subject including at least a pass in Further Mathematics.
(iv) B.Sc. Education Physics
Physics and Chemistry and one other Science subject of Biology, Agricultural Science or any other science subject.
(b) Teacher’s Grade II Certificate (TCII) with at least Merit in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and at least two other science subjects at the TCII/WASSCE/SSCE/NECO/GCE (Ordinary Level) or its equivalent;
(c) Any other qualification that may be considered equivalent to (a) and (b) above, by the University Senate.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR TWO
(a) Two A/Level passes in proposed subjects of study(Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) plus the WASSCE/GCE/SSCE/NECO (O’ Level)or its Equivalent with credit in five subjects in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and any other science subject (For Education Mathematics at least a pass in Further Mathematics is Compulsory)
(b) National Certificate in Education (NCE) obtained from the former College of Education, University of Lagos, in the Science subjects to be offered, or from any College of Education recognised by the Senate of the University of Lagos with Credit/Merit (in proposed subject of study) and any other Science subject
3. GENERAL INFORMATION
a. Applicants for Distance Learning Institute programme shall not be less than 17 years of age
b. Offer of admission to programmes listed above is subject to viable number of qualified applicants.
c. On-line Print Out Results Slips will be honoured at the point of registration for recent Waec and Neco result
d. Candidates awaiting results are not eligible to apply.
e. Certificates and not Statement of Result Slips are acceptable for WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO results obtained before 2015.
f. All completed application forms are to be submitted on or before 31st July, 2020.
g. Candidates should be on the look out for the date and details of a selection test/screening date
h. For further Assistance, applicants may call any of these Help Lines: 07039740031
For Bank Transfer/Deposit Kindly Send your Payment to the Account Below: Bank Name: Guarantee Trust Bank Account Number: 0016344438 Account Name: Okonye Dele Sheriff You can also pay directly to our account via Paystack with your Master/Visa/Credit Card After successful Payment, you're required to Send the following information; Depositors Name | Payment Purpose | Phone Number | Email Address to Mr Fortune on 07039740031. After payment has been confirmed, the questions and answer pack will be send to provided email, and you will also be added to our premium WhatsApp group for up to date information about the programme.